I started out with just a styrofoam wreath form, some pins and two bundles of yarn - Stitch Nation's Full o' Sheep wool in Thyme (I only ended up using one bundle of yarn):
I tied a knot in the end of the yarn and used a pin to hold it in place. Then, I just started tightly wrapping the yarn around the form.
Okay, so, after wrapping a couple inches of the wreath form, I set it down and walked away from it for a couple of hours. I came back to my wreath form shredded by the smallest, furriest, and arguably most destructive member of my household.
I ran out and got a new wreath form and just started over. The wreath form is white styrofoam in the rest of the pictures. That's why.
Yarn done, I started making the flowers. I started by cutting out a lot of felt circles in different sizes and colors.
After the circles were cut out, I traced a spiral stemming out from the center. I cut on the spiral, leaving a small uncut circle in the middle. While my glue gun was warming up, I used my scissors to make the outside edge a little wavy and more interesting.
I folded the outside "tail" under a little and started rolling the spirals up into these sweet little flowers, securing my uncut circle middle to the bottom with hot glue. I hotglued some leftover pearl beads into the center of each flower on a whim.
After I had made several flowers, I arranged them on my wreath and hot glued them on.
A close-up of the flowers.
It hangs a little off center right now because the weight added by the flowers. I'm going to add a little ribbon to the top to hang it from. That should help balance out the way it hangs.
The total cost for this project was just under $10, that includes both rolls of yarn and both wreath forms.
P.S. I had a total blast looking for inspiration pics for this project. If you made a wreath, I'd LOVE to see it. I think I'm becoming a little obsessed.....