Ok, so last night I realized that I have been encouraging all of you to vote. Yay me. But then I realized that I have yet to tell you how to register. Boo me. I'm going to make this incredibly easy for you with a step by step guide. If you've already registered to vote, go back to playing Solitaire.
1. Click here, then click on your state.
2. Make sure you meet your state's requirements.
(To register in Illinois you must: be a citizen of the United States; be a resident of Illinois and of your election precinct at least 30 days before the next election; be at least 18 years old on or before the next election; not be in jail for a felony conviction; not claim the right to vote anywhere else.)
3. Fill out the form. (An * indicates a required field.)
4. Print out the form.
5. Sign the form! This is super-important and I bet a lot of people forget to do it.
6. Address and stamp the envelope. For Illinois, we send it to:
State Board of Elections
1020 S Spring St
Springfield, IL 62704