Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Home, Sweet Home

Well, this blog has, in the past, been devoted to my ramblings. But since it's been 5 years since I updated it, I'm going to start anew. And I've decided to give it some focus.

Matt and I closed on our home on December 2nd and started removating it that night. We officially moved in about a month ago and have been continuing to work hard since. I'd like to use this forum to document the changes to our house. It's going to be a lot of major changes, so stay tuned.
The house is a 5 bedroom, 3 bath ranch on a half acre wooded lot built in 1979. After we closed, we learned that the house was actually built by Matt's great-uncle. That proved to us that this house was fated for us. Matt's family owned a couple of lumber companies and his great-uncle built this house for himself. It's about 2 blocks from where the lumber yard used to be.

The sellers made buying the house a hassle, but in the end, I feel like we got a great deal for our house. Originally, we were planning on getting a cute little starter home and moving in 5-7 years. That was before we found our forever house. This house needs so much work, but I know that in the long run, it will all be worth it.

Here's the floorplan of the house. The arrows indicate the stairs to the basement, the side door and the front door.

No comments: